Monday 27 August 2012

Excitement - Cinammon Sugared Snickerdoodles

I've got my first bakesale coming up tomorrow morning! Terribly excited.
It's for the SGH needy patients' fund and I'm donating 2 large cakes to be sold in slices. Won't be there in person as I have other commitments but I just can't wait to hear how it goes from my colleagues. Yay!
Okay, back to the post.
So here's another recipe from the best bakesale cookbook. Initially I wanted to do the molasses cookies again for some spice but I chose these since they seemed to simple, and they're snickerdoodles! How can that word not make anyone smile?! :D
I must admit that making these cookies in such humidity was tricky. I got quite a bit of dough on my fingers despite constant chilling in the freezer. Didn't occur to me until later that I should have used my cake dropper to make things less messy. Like I've said before, we live and learn!

These cookies were nice nonetheless. Baked for a few minutes and they come out and remain soft. Baked for longer they come out soft and turn crispy like wafers. Each to his own!

INGREDIENTS (3-4 dozen cookies)

  • 225g softened margarine/butter
  • 1 1/4 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 cup plain flour
  • 2 tsp cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp double acting baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • Cinnamon sugar: 2 tbsp granulated sugar for every tbsp of ground cinnamon
METHOD
  1. Beat sugar and butter in bowl until smooth and creamy
  2. Add the eggs in and mix well
  3. Finally add in all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly
  4. Chill dough in an airtight box or cling wrap-covered bowl overnight
  5. Mix the cinnamon sugar together and also leave overnight in an airtight box
  6. Pre-heat oven to 179 degree C and line baking trays with non-stick material
  7. Break off small pieces of dough and roll into 1" balls
  8. Rolls the balls in the cinnamon sugar ensuring even coating
  9. Place balls 2" apart on baking tray
  10. Using a flat bottom glass, press balls down until flattened - about 1/4" thick
  11. Bake in the oven for about 8-10mins and remove to cool before serving



Yay for cookies with frothy, warm milk!

Love,
Amy.

No comments: