Friday 24 February 2012

Chocolate Strawberry Crumble

Oh dear, has it really been a week?? :/
So here's my next baked... Chocolate Strawberry Crumble.
I had this tin of strawberry pie filling I didn't know quite what to do with. I bought it from Phoon Huat on one of my food shopping sprees. Yes, I know, other girls buy clothes, shoes etc. I, well, I buy food. Uncooked food. I buy baking accessories. Cupcake liners, sprinkles, nuts, fruit, and other itty bitty things to cook with. That's just me.
So I downloaded the Betty Crocker App on my Iphone and found this recipe. Tweaked it a bit. Decided to use it to celebrate a friend's good grades thus the B+ done in white chocolate drops.
This crumble is rich. Much to my dismay, I used cake mix. But since I did 3 desserts that day I figured it wasn't too bad. The cake mix wasn't as sweet, and a good thing too! The strawberry pie filling wasn't as sweet as jam but was just sweet enough to balance out the entire dessert. If you want the crumble to be more presentable for a meal, bake them in individual portions using souffle dishes. Decorate with fresh strawberries.

INGREDIENTS
  • 21oz (approx. 560g) strawberry pie filling
  • 2/3 cup marg/butter softened
  • 1/2 chopped walnuts
  • 1 box Betty Crocker's Super Moist devil's food cake mix
METHOD
  1. Pour pie filling into pie/pudding dish
  2. Mix the marg/butter with the cake mix until crumbly
  3. Add the chopped walnuts to crumble and mix well
  4. Cover the pie filling with the crumble
  5. Bake in a pre-heated oven of 180 degrees C until crumble is set and/or pie filling has bubbled around the edges
  6. Remove from oven and serve warm with ice cream if desired

Love,
Amy.

No comments: